Connections in Port Stanley – Purchase with purpose
At the YWCA St. Thomas – Elgin, we believe that the worldwide struggle for equity and equality connects all women. To put this belief into action, our YWCA opened our retail store, Connections, in 2008.
The purpose of the store is to support global projects that improve women’s economic development and initiatives that support the global community including HIV/AIDS awareness; polio eradication; the building of water wells; and supports for women who have suffered the effects of war and genocide.
All profits help support our YWCA programs including our supportive housing, literacy and settlement services, and skills training & upgrading.
Hours of Operation
Mon – CLOSED
Tues – CLOSED
Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat: 10 am – 5 pm
Sun: 11 am – 5 pm
Located on the 2nd floor of the theatre at 302 Bridge Street, Port Stanley, ON, N5L 1C3
Protecting you and our volunteers:
Your safety is our priority. To protect both our visitors and our volunteer staff the following precautionary measures will be taken:
- extra cleaning and disinfecting of all high traffic areas
- washrooms closed to the public as per building management
- hand sanitizer will be available upon entry
- visitors will be directed through the store in a one-way loop
- limited number of visitors at one time to ensure 2-metre physical distancing can be followed
- plexiglass barrier installed at cash register to make it easy for transactions to occur
We thank you for your cooperation and look forward to seeing you soon.
Wishing you and your family good health.
See what’s in store
- Art and crafts from around the world including local artisans
- Fashions for every season
- Home décor
- Spiritual health and wellness products
- Jewelry and accessories
Become a Preferred Customer
To receive the latest news about our upcoming promotions, events and to receive a birthday discount visit us in store and ask to sign up for our Preferred Customer Program.
Located on the 2nd floor of the theatre
Become a volunteer Sales Associate
To reduce the overhead cost of our store many of our Sales Associates are volunteers. Shifts vary throughout each season. This could be a great opportunity for students looking to fill your volunteer hours or for retirees who wish to help out their community each week.
Please note inquiries will be reviewed within 2-3 business days.