(Contract Position February 24, 2020 to March 1, 2021)
The YWCA St. Thomas-Elgin, established over 110 years ago, is a not for profit, social service agency governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
The School Age Childcare Coordinator will assist in the planning, organization and implementation of school age childcare programs. They will perform supervisory, administrative and professional duties in the operation of these programs. They will operate as a front line worker as needed. They will organize, schedule and supervise staff to ensure program needs and ratios are met and ensure that all work is completed following the YWCA School Age Childcare Program Statement and established safe work practices. They will make recommendations to the Director and provide support where needed. They will also communicate effectively with parents, employees and school administration.
• Coaching and mentoring staff off site staff
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Ministry of Education CCEYA.
• Experience with planning and implementing school age childcare programs
• Thorough understanding of healthy childhood development including developmental stages of children and how to implement programs to meet all needs of children
• Attention to detail
• Client and customer Focus
• Communicate with parents, staff and school administration
• Time Management
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Creative and Innovative Thinking
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Support program inclusion of children of all abilities
• Liaise with Educators, Parents, TVDSB and All Kids Belong staff
• Develop and maintain Individual Support Plans and Individual Medical Plans
• Coordinate and chair Individual Support Plan Meetings
• Provide observation and feedback in classrooms
• Assist with program planning including before and after school programs and non-instructional day camps
• Assist with annual staff orientation, training and Educator meetings
• Provide on the job training and support to staff as required
• Assist with supervision of childcare staff. Provide coaching and mentoring.
• Provide guidance to school age staff regarding child behaviour concerns
• Attend staff meetings
• Report serious occurrences to CCLS in absence of SAC Director
• Provide on-call support between 6am and 9pm to manage staff absences and fill positions on rotation
• Provide supply coverage when needed
• Order program materials and supplies
• Complete required site inspections. Identify needs or opportunities for enhancement and follow up on actions taken. Provide report to Director after each visit
• Respond to parent inquiries and concerns
• Assist with program set up and take down
• Plan events and staff appreciation as required
• Maintain health and safety standards and regulations
• Build and maintain a positive and healthy relationship with co-workers, volunteers, Ministry advisors and parents
• Attend professional learning and community meetings as requested by Director
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-Secondary Education in Early Childhood Education, Child & Youth Worker, Recreation and Leisure or Social Services preferred and/or equivalent training or related experience.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with school aged children.
• Experience supervising staff is an asset.
• Must hold current First Aid and CPR certification from a recognized provider
• Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation
• Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
• Strong communication, leadership, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
• Possession of a valid Driver’s License, and a safe driving record.
• Excellent time management and project management skills.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email.
• Travel required.
• Provide training and orientation sessions.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
• Overtime as required.
The YWCA offers a competitive compensation package including salary and benefits.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to submit their resume no later than January 26, 2020
To Lindsay Rice, Director of Services and Community Development
The YWCA St. Thomas-Elgin is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.